Sunday, December 13, 2009

Moet and Chandon brut/ Rose















Every time I have a sip of Moet and Chandon it reminds me the first time I tasted champagne - Nice fresh scent , some sprinkling ( from the bubble) on the nose, tingling on the tongue and palate and some nice fruity-floral after taste.








Very nice, as compared to the hard liquor ( Jack Daniel, Bourbon, Vodka ......... ) and beer.



Of course that was when I was younger. Since then, I've tried many different types of alcohol beverages but my heart, obviously, is still with champagne.



I have not had Moet and Chandon for quite a while now. It is a decent drink but I have found other brands which I think are more suited to my palate. Also, Moet and Chandon is so popular that the price has sky rocketed well above its value, in my own opinion.


Having said so, I do not mind forking out more, for the other champagne from the house: Dom Perignon 90 .


Moet and Chandon: just a very light tint of floral-fruity scent on the nose. Nice palate- not too dry, light body, smooth but ends quickly. And as in most non-vintage champagnes - a tint of alcohol - bitter at the finishing. For a seasoned champagne drinker, that can sometimes be a bit offensive.



Moet and Chandon Rose. I am presently surprised that I prefer this than the normal brut. Maybe it is an unfair comparison as I did not give enough time for the palate to rest or maybe I just prefer anything more "flavourful" .

- nose: ripe fruit scent. Palate- just a little more dry than brut. smooth, light body. short finish ( longer than brut) , much less alcohol-bitter taste.



Moet and Chandon is one of the preferred choice , among the same class of champagne . Something to unwind after a long day of work, something before dinner; and of course something to open up the palate before the more complex Reds or some vintage champagne.




No comments:

Post a Comment