Monday, December 7, 2009

How the journey starts

It's no secret to my wife and friends that i am a big fan of any sparking wine , in particuliar champagne.



My bubbling journey started 3 years ago when one of my close friend D was about to get married. D is my drinking buddy and we have move on from coffee, hard liquor , apperitif , champagne ,wine..... D's journey continues ( the quest for the best Burgundy/ Bordeox) while i've gotten lost ,chasing after the bubbles.



I love champagne/ sparkling wine . It's the best drink you can have after a long day of work, especially on a hot humid day. I cannot agree that champagne is only reserve for special occasion /celebration ; i can drink it all day long!



Ok, enough of me babbling on how much i love champagne. I started this blog to 'document' all the champagne i've tried before and invite sharing / comment from fellow BF :Bubbles Fan.



I have the intention to try all champagne / sparkling in the world.







Come join in my journey.







First post

My old faithful - Josephine

Jospehine cuvee ( vintage ) is the flagship for champagne house Joseph Perrier.
It is created from a carefully chosen blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir all from premier and grand cru vineyards . The nose we find hints of jasmin and magnolia, with suggestions of cinnamon and vanilla, together with touches of developed character with grilled almonds and caramel. Superb for those that do not appreciate the "too dry, spirit after taste " drinkers , including myself. " A feast of complex fruit flavours " would be the perfect description when you sip the champagne .One will taste fig, apricot, dried fruits and vanilla, with some caramel and ginger notes and on the finish touches of sweet spice- marvellous!

Even better, each bottle is beautifully hand painted (not that i kept any of them) and will display beautifully on the shelves. Josephine is not produced every year. Only the years with good grapes. I have tried the 90', 95' 98' .I am blessed to have a close friend who has kindly help me collect a vertical of Josephine. 89' ,90', 95' 98'

Hopefully he can get his hands on 78'






~ A monk with his mind at peace, going into an empty dwelling, clearly seeing the Dhamma aright: his delight is more than human.~

No comments:

Post a Comment