Sunday, January 3, 2010

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin champagne


I am very fortunate that some of my friends have great nose and palate. Hence, most of the time when we gather to drink , I get to savour some of the finest wines; not necessarily expensive but definitely of good value. We always joke; 'that's only so much you can drink , why waste on bad alcohol?' We try not to 'insult' each other's taste buds by serving a mass produced, min quality controlled wine.

Nope, we are not snobs but just choose to savour the best of the crop.

Having said so, I usually would not shun any champagne unless it's so bad that it gives me a headache.

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne is considered a mass market champagne due to their massive marketing campaign.
However, I still think highly of it, as a champagne for all occasions.
Beautiful yellow colour, medium bubble size, fresh and dry nose. On the palate, one can taste a bit of raisin, a little bit of tanginess, subtle sweetness and a tint of lime at the end of the palate.

Nice!

However if one has the oppurtunity, one must try the rich cousin of Veuve.
- the La Grande Dame

I will use this as an excuse to drink and log in again.. yippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment